27 Sep Pumpkin Palooza!
The end of summer means just one thing: It’s officially the start of pumpkin season. The famous food trend is here to stay whether you love it or hate it, the yearly influx of new pumpkin spice-flavored products are now steadily flooding onto grocery store shelves across the country. So we would like to share a few faves with you so you can all join in on the basic-ness of this glorious flavor.
Flourless Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cupsunflower seed butter or other nut/seed butter
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree canned
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour or oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 375F.
Combine all ingredients (except for pumpking seeds) in a food processor. Process until everything is mixed and then scrape the side and process another 5 seconds.
Pour in a parchment lined bread pan (makes for SUPER easy clean up) and then top with pumpkin seeds.
Bake it for 40-45 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes and then eat it all up!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1-1/2 cup milk (grass-fed cow’s milk or non-dairy milk such as unsweetened almond or coconut milk)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh shredded ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 ice cubes (optional)
- Maple syrup, to taste (optional)
In a blender, mix all ingredients except the chia seeds until smooth texture is achieved.
Pour smoothie into a blender bottle or large glass.
Add chia seeds and stir or shake to mix well.
Place in refrigerator to allow chia seeds to absorb liquid for ~1 hour.
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup rolled (or old fashioned) oats
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- (0.06) Nuts – CUP
- (0.5) Protein Powder (Vanilla) – SCOOP
Add ingredients to container or jar and leave overnight.