30 Dec January Recipe: Best KFIT Breakfast foods!
“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day” it’s not really, but we can all pretty much agree it’s the tastiest! When creating meal plans, one of the biggest requests from clients to coaches is for an easy, on-the-go breakfast option. The recipes below are delicious, easy and macro friendly!
|1 tbsp||oil (coconut,avocado or olive)|
|1 cup chopped||Yellow onion|
|2 large pepper(s)||Green bell pepper (sliced)|
|1 cup||Salsa, ready-to-serve, low sodium, hot/medium|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (drained, rinsed)|
|4 large egg||Egg|
|8 large egg||Egg white|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/2 cup||Mexican Cheese Blend, reduced fat|
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC). Lightly spray a saute pan with oil cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large soup pot, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers and reduce heat to medium and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and black pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Stir in salsa and beans, stir for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add almond milk, salt and pepper, and fluff eggs.
- Transfer bean mixture to a prepared 8×8 baking dish. Pour egg mixture in evenly. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until eggs are not runny and the top is lightly browned. tender and no water remains.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Leave foil off and return to oven for 3-4 minutes to melt cheese.
Greek Egg Muffins
|6 large egg||Egg|
|1/3 cup||Partly skimmed milk, lactose-free, 2% M.F. (or other low FODMAP milk)|
|2 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/2 cup||Quinoa, cooked (optional)|
|3/4 cup, crumbled||Feta cheese|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Orange bell pepper (or yellow or red)|
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin well with cooking spray or oil, or use muffin liners.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk. Mix in the oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Chop the tomato and bell pepper. Discard/compost the watery part of the tomatoes with the seeds. Crumble the feta into small pieces. Divide the tomato, pepper, and feta (and quinoa if using) evenly in the muffin tin. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned on the tops. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then remove the egg muffins from the tin.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Creamy Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oatmeal
|1/2 cup||Almond milk, unsweetened|
|1/8 tsp||Ginger, ground|
|1/8 tsp||Nutmeg, ground|
|1/4 cup||Pumpkin purée, canned|
|1/4 cup||Steel cut oats, dry|
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl and then pour into a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and allow to sit overnight.
- Microwave for 1 minute to eat or eat cold!
Sweet Potato Spinach Breakfast
|1 Bag||Spinach (washed, dried)|
|¼ tsp||Salt and Pepper (to taste)|
|2 Medium||Sweet Potato (peeled, chopped)|
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or spray with non-stick spray.
- Peel and cube sweet potato into ½” cubes then place on baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
Bake until fork tender – about 25-30 minutes, turning once while cooking.
While the potatoes are roasting, in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat
- Wilt the spinach turning it frequently until it gets soft
- Work in small batches of spinach.
- Use immediately or place in a container and refrigerate until needed.
- Plate roasted sweet potato and wilted spinach (be sure to squeeze spinach of any extra moisture or hash will be watery). Microwave until steaming and hot, about 1 minute 30 seconds. Microwaves vary, so heat until it is heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Lightly spray with cooking oil and crack and egg into the pan. Cover pan and cook until egg whites have set. Remove from skillet and top onto potatoes/spinach.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if desired, or hot sauce.
- Devour immediately.