03 Jun Buffalo Chicken Chili
Good morning! Happy Hump Snow Storm Day people! Well that just sounds weird. But they do say a lot of babies come from these thing so I guess its fitting.
Lets look at the bright side….its a good way to burn some calories:)
I figured what a perfect day to share a Buffalo Chili recipe. Nothing like some serious hot sauce to warm you up on the inside. This recipe has been circulating Pinterest for some time and I’ve been dying to make it. I LOVE buffalo. Well, it did not disappoint!
Buffalo Chicken Chili
Ingredients: serves 4-6
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth- (can sub 2 cups of water or use low sodium)
- 4-5 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 oz) can white Northern beans- I used red because that’s what I had.
- 2 tsp. chili powder- I actually use cayenne by accident but was pleased with the mistake and will likely always use it!
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/3 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- salt and black pepper
- blue cheese crumbles*optional
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion, carrots, and celery, and saute for about 5-7 minutes until the onions are cooked and translucent. Add garlic and saute for an additional 2 minutes until fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt, pepper or added hot sauce if needed.
- Serve warm topped with blue cheese crumbles–> this made it, it melts into sauce and holy cow its amazing. Plus a little goes a long way! If you do not like blue cheese I recommend a dollop of ranch but I’m sure it would be great plain too.
- Enjoy! Enough for dinner and leftover lunch for the week!
Looking for some fun new smoothie or fresh juice recipes??? I know I always am!
What is your favorite snowed in activity?